• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper w/ tire carrier

Lots of them - Detours, Rigid, Durango and many more.

I have the RIGID bumper / carrier. Very easy to add a jerry can mount to the swing out. Also. you cand relocate the tire mount to either side or middle of the swing out. Its probably the coolest one out there.

the other brands mentioned are probablt great. But theyre not a Rigid.

does Rigid still offer a rear bumper? Only finding fronts from them

I've got that Protofab Bumper myself. Great bumper and had no problems installing it. I had Mike for Protofab also install the right hand side swingout hinge so I could add on the cooler/gas can carrier at a later date.

I´ve got the jcroffroad rear bumper, good price and easy mount, only complaint is that I had to make my own light mounts for the license plate. rock solid though, I´ve smashed in hard many times and there´s barely a scratch to show for it.

I have a Durango rear bumper. I got it from a friend of mine and I have had it about 3 years or so..its tough as nails and looks great IMO. It does hurt derparture a little bit but not enough to cause problems, if it hits I just let it hit its stout. Its been abused in every way possible. My friends jeep got hit at 50mph from behind, it totaled the jeep, pushed the a-pillars forward, broke the dash, broke the seats, etc, etc, we unbolted the durango bumper and it bolted right on my jeep. The tire carrier needed a little work but its still alive as well. Pricey but worth it IMO

You can see some of the scars in this pic. It drags all the way through one of the obstacles in Disney lol.
IMG_0014.jpg

100_2054.jpg

DC Rear

myjeep2.jpg

C85D4x4 said:
Rigid Co......ajsoffroadarmor.......jcroffroad

Is aj's up and running? I've been waiting since the first of may for my bumpers.. I order front and rear from him..Got my rails in april but thats all i have got from him.. I know he got flooded out..:wave:

I just looked and Durango no longer makes XJ Bumpers, so Scratch My Post above LOL.

100_2054.jpg

myjeep2.jpg

Who makes this one?

crazydave said:
I like the picture of the Rigid for the modified panels....I need that one.
I emailed them last night for a quote with a few more options on that one

Back