• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittent turn signals

The Mouse

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having issues with the turn signals in my 99 XJ Sport. The turn signals will sometimes come on then after a while quit working, Sometimes they will come on for a very short time then quit, sometimes they will not come on at all.

I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of weeks now and have finally had a chance to try to do something about it today.

I replaced the turn signal/hazard light multi switch, after doing a little research hoping it would solve the issue and unfortunately it didn't.

Any help and suggestions with this issue would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Is the multi switch self grounding? I haven't had a steering column out on a cherokee but sound like a bad ground, to the column of multi switch itself.

Grounds are your problem. I had the same issue and regrounded my front turn signals and they work fine now.

lrainman, The multi switch has an all plastic housing with only metal to plastic contact. So I would assume that it is grounded through the wiring harness.

90Blue_XJ, Thank you for the suggestion. I will clean and reconnect the grounds tomorrow.

Thank you both for your input.

I just fixed this problem with my 00 XJ yesterday. The flasher was the problem. It was not easy to get to that thing.

Back