• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 carrier break

Shorty

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I have read that the D35 break was at 3.55:1, but I don't know if the 3.55 carrier goes with the highway gears (higher) or the towing gears (lower). Can someone guide me which way the 3.55 carrier fits?

I know, don't waste my time with it, but I've got free gears and a working rear end....... for now.

i think the carrier for that goes up to 3:73's, then the break for deeper gears is at 4:11. Im not sure how tall of gears can fit that carrier, i think its up to 3.08

jk333 said:
i think the carrier for that goes up to 3:73's, then the break for deeper gears is at 4:11. Im not sure how tall of gears can fit that carrier, i think its up to 3.08

3.73:1 is the break for the D30-- I know I read that the break for the D35 was 3.55:1, but I can't, for the life of me, remember if the 3.55 was the highest or the lowest gear that would fit in the 3.55 carrier (highest being the lower number and lowest being the higher number).

The highest (numerically) is 3:73. Some autos with the towing package and D35 had 3:73 gears, i know because a friend had a 90 like that and he lifted it, and had to put in a new carrier going to 4:11. Im pretty sure that the stock carrier goes from 3.07 to 3:73, and the aftermarket carrier goes from 4:11 to 4:88. Hopefully somebody else will chime in here.

Back