• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poll to enhance meet/greets...OR/SW-WA Area Guys. Where do you live?

What area do you live in? (select the area nearest you)

• Total voters

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm gonna try running July's meet and greet arrangements. If you recall, I made a thread a while back trying to gauge what days worked best. I am going to use that data and the data from this poll to try to set up a good test day and location to try to maximize the number in attendance at the next meet.

That is of course unless any of the regulars have a serious objection to me messing with this...which I doubt since the last one got skipped entirely.

Step 1 - Answer the poll as to which area you live in.
Step 2 - Suggest locations in your area for the meet/greet. Pizza places work well.
Step 3 - Show up to the meet I arrange.

EDIT - West Linn/Lake Oswego just choose Tualatin/Wilsonville. I screwed up.

Last edited:
theres a few good places anywhere. i live on the west side but im willing to go any of those areas listed..

I am open to days. I had trouble making monday because my son was playing lacrosse and practice was mondays and tuesdays.. But as soon as we say its on Tuesdays.. then his football practice will be on tuesdays..

Would anyone be against having it on a Sunday After noon at a park or area where we can convine, check out the jeeps, chat.. maybe BBQ some burgers and dogs..

I will even pony up for the Burgers and Dogs. It would be cool to take advantage of the summer weather.

GlueNTape said:
I am open to days. I had trouble making monday because my son was playing lacrosse and practice was mondays and tuesdays.. But as soon as we say its on Tuesdays.. then his football practice will be on tuesdays..

Would anyone be against having it on a Sunday After noon at a park or area where we can convine, check out the jeeps, chat.. maybe BBQ some burgers and dogs..

I will even pony up for the Burgers and Dogs. It would be cool to take advantage of the summer weather.
It's an idea. Maybe you and I can collaborate something like that.

madmax said:
please make it on a saturday or sunday. i would nights m-f. i have wanted to go for a while but have miss out due to work

Well, only 15 people voted on the last poll, but Tuesday was the winner, but we didn't make weekends an option. Maybe I'll do a new one of those too

I voted in the tualatin/wilsonville pole but I live in Newberg, I would prefer to have something on the west side of portland vs. the east side/vancouver/gresham as in the past.

I only made it to 1 of the meet and greets due to my schedule at work and location, if its somewhere on the west side I can cruise over after work, if its east/vancouver etc. no way I can make it without skipping out of work a couple hours early. (then again I get off at 8pm so i leave early either way, but I can get away with an hour once a month little harder to pull of 2-3hrs)

How about pick different areas and move it around a bit and maybe we could get some more people to show up. Not that I don't want to go see everyone but 181st is way the F out there. Maybe this month do Round Table or Flying Pie in Lake Oswego. Both have stores in the Oak Grove area too. There's a Sunshine in Clackamas. Just some ideas.

I also like the BBQ idea while the weather is good and would be willing to BBQ at my place to start it off. But i have a differing work schedule so the day of the week would have to be variable.

so far it looks like 7 on the west side 3 on the east side.

salem guys I counted you in the west side, its a hike just about anywhere semi- centrally located for you guys.

Something close in downtown, would be convenient for most hillsboro, tigard, beaverton, newberg, sherwood, wilsonville etc. folks I would think. Wilsonville is a fairly central spot i.e. convenient for 205/I-5 access, but an hour a hike from hillsboro etc.

I think if we mixed up the location, one in hillsboro next in wilsonville next east side, next close in downtown or something, rotated you may get a better turn out than just having it in vantucky/181st rotation :dunno:

I think sunday evening would be a good time, us young-ins aren't drunk, you old guys kids don't have practice. I don't know portland all that well but how about somewhere around i-5 or 205 and 84, right off the freeway. downtown portland like off martin luther minority blv or something

Vancouver for me.

I think we're due for a M&G overhaul. I honestly think having a big one every couple months, would be better than a monthly basis. Traveling to Gresham for me every month became more of a chore, especially with only 5 people typically showing up.

We have a lot of PDX members. Having a big bash every couple months seems like it would entice more people than a weeknight at the pizza joint.

My .02

I would be able to make a Sunday west side meeting. I have been rolling around Beaverton for about a year, I've seen alot of XJ's but havent meet and fellow XJ conisuiers.

Watch out for me, Doorless green 96 xj on 33x13.50x15 and trimmed fenders

I'm officially passing the buck on Meet and Greet organization.

The last one was set up and the people who wanted it to happen didn't even show up.

I've concluded that people are flaky and unreliable no matter the day or location of our meet and greets. I leave setting up dates/locations to someone else.

Back