• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery reset

Your radio has to have a constant 12v to keep it's memory. However, mine has it's own line right fron the battery and cuts out it's memory every now and again......I don't know. For some reason it makes me think it's because I turn my key back too far in the off position. Maybe not. Your constant may just be sketchy.

Is your radio the factory radio or an after market? Sounds like the wire in the stereo harness that supplies constant power with ignition off is broke, shorted or something similar. Check all of the wire connections going to the stereo and the fuse in the fuse panel for the stereo also. If your stereo is aftermarket it is most likely that a connection in the wiring came apart. Check the wires. Check your battery connections also.

Yeah, check your battery connections, your terminals may be coming loose, working sometimes, cutting out sometimes. Happened to me until it finally wouldn't start, then I realized what was happening.

Back