• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I might have to evacuate :(

GauchoMD

NAXJA Forum User
Damn fire is burning in the La Patera and Glen Annie Canyons very close to my house. My neighborhood is currently under an "evacuation warning", but, the fire is pretty damn close...damn, I don't want to lose everything :puke:

GauchoMD said:
Damn fire is burning in the La Patera and Glen Annie Canyons very close to my house. My neighborhood is currently under an "evacuation warning", but, the fire is pretty damn close...damn, I don't want to lose everything :puke:

Grab all your important documents and pictures and put them in your car now. At least you have all your documantaion and pictures for everything.

Good Luck.

x2

Get all the important stuff in your Jeep now. The rest is just stuff.

Dang bro, hope all goes well....

If you live in a house throw a sprinkler on yer roof and leave it running if you have to leave...

If you have a video camera, video tape the contents of your house. It will simplify the insurance later.

Grab pics and video as everyone has already recomended. Get your family and of course the jeep. The rest is just stuff. Be safe!

Thanks everyone, overnight it seemed the fire moved east along the mountains instead of south towards the beach (by my house). So far so good, and yes, all my important documents and the Jeep, of course, will be safe!

tcm glx said:
Grab pics and video as everyone has already recomended. Get your family and of course the jeep. The rest is just stuff. Be safe!

Haha. last October when we had to evacuate... my wife just didn't understand why I wanted to take two cars (the Jeep being one).

Glad to hear you are in the clear for now Gaucho... evacuating really sucks. I guess I feel fortunate, as we had a house to come back to.

My son (juryrigjalopy) has a house in Glenn Annie Canyon and he is diving for Scripps Institute this summer in La Jolla so his house my be gone now,the only thing he will miss is his Hobbie Cat........SANTA

Hey Santa,
Ken jr's place is still OK, no structures burned yet.
All depends on the winds, we get these sundowners around here, but so far so good.
Link to local new http://www.keyt.com/news/local/22833994.html
http://www.keyt.com/news/local/22803699.html
I've got access to three trailers if someone in the area needs to evacuate, a 10ft, 14ft, and 18ft. Jason has first dibs if he needs one.
This thing started where the Markowitz murder took place (Alfa Dog) near Lizard's Mouth, at a place we call "The Play Grounds"
Anyways it just all depends on the winds at this time.

So far so good, and yeah, Ken Jr's place should be ok since the local news agencies are reporting "no structures burned" yet. I hope this thing gets put out soon, the last fire (Zaca) that started on the 4th of July last year burned for like 2-3 months! I'm tired of taking my clothes and "valuables" with me everywhere I go :)

I would suggest hauling all ur tools to a safe area just in case ... the last round of fires took out my house and honestly it was my roll-away that i miss most

Back