• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL and up country suspension

LED-Lightbars

NAXJA Forum User
I have a friend wanting to lift his '98 w/ the up country package, but he wants to get either the RE 3.5 or Rusty's 3" w/ the AAL. Anyone know if this is gonna work out for him as the up country springs sit 1-2" higher than normal? I know he'd be better off w/ the full spring packs, but $$$ is an issue and mostly he'll just be driving to work and school.

thx

The Up-Country suspension package has nothing to do with whether or not these lifts will fit his XJ. They will.

Now, if he is mainly gonna be doing road duty, the Rusty's with the AAL should be ok.

how much does he want to lift it? I ran a BB for a while and was at 3", when the rear started to sage, I added a leaf from another xj spring pack.

thx for the input. I guess the question i have i this...is he goign to get an additional 3" of lift out of the rear in addition to the stock 1"-2", or will the additional arch of the up-country springs make the AAL work less therefore making his jeep sit level?

thx again

Back