• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have this aPN header problem?

proskier101

NAXJA Forum User
i went to install my 99 intake and apn header and the head studs dont line up with the header.

also it looks like when the holes were drilled they had to be done twice as the holes look oval. should i just drill the holes a little bigger to make them work or order another one?

I'm not sure I would go drilling on a new part that was supposed to be a bolt on. I'd return it, or use the BFH!

xjohnnyc said:
There is a fitment issue with the APN header and a 99+ intake manifold. I believe that some grinding is necessary.

Do a search for "APN header". http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=957642&highlight=APN+header

the 99 intake isnt even on yet..im just working on getting the header on, there is a stud by cyclinder 1 and 6 that the header slides on to and the holes are about 1mm too wide...

the head studs should be lining up withe holes in the header flange
sounds like a defective part

the 99 intake interferes only slightly with the primary tubes, the bolt pattern is compatible

its possible a stud is bent, might check it with a square

92DripCherokee said:
the head studs should be lining up withe holes in the header flange
sounds like a defective part

the 99 intake interferes only slightly with the primary tubes, the bolt pattern is compatible

its possible a stud is bent, might check it with a square

ill take pics at home, but it is fishy that one of the holes was drilled 2x. it is oval shaped

oh brother, thats a faulty part.
I didnt read your post correctly.

I thought you were thinking of drilling it twice...APN should send exchange a correct part for you.

Back