• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33's on the cheap.

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys I think I have my T Case issues licked!

Now I was orignally going to do just a 3" and 31's, but our water holes are deep and I am tired of swimming out of them....

So I decided to do the 33's on the cheap.

We have our local dump here full of FREE parts. Vehicles include ALOT of Ford F150's full size this and that.

Now a few questions;

What should I get for boneyard parts to make my Jeep tall enough for 33's?

2nd - How much trimming (or whats the least amount) of trimming I must do to clear 33's?

What used socks will fit on my bad boy?

I do not care about ride quality - this thing will never see speeds above 45mph (70k/m hr) or there abouts. Its a in-town driver and trail rig.

what direction can you put me in?

Thanks!

Youll need one of these!
sawzall.gif

F150 coils, bastard packs, sawzall. You could fit 44" with enough trimming.

:cheers: you need the pre-80 f-150 front coils for the front,they don't have the pigtail in the center of the lower end[for the ford spring retainer] so they will fit the xj axle assy.we used 77 2wd coils on my sons rig & got about 3" maybe 4wd springs will give a little more lift, but they are really stiff,use the leaf pack out of the early S-10, also really stiff & 3" then open up your wheel openings to the body line above the mounting holes for the flares & you shouldn't have too much tire rub. Oh Yeah, get used to low range!! I believe this is the standard low buck approach to 33"s.also use wheels with enough backspacing & they won't rub[Not Too Much,hopefully]

I am currently running a 3 in lift with 33s. I had to cut about 3 in off of the front right up to an inch below the body line. In the back I cut right to the pinch seam. It doesn't flex as well as it used to. Since leaving the rocks in the midwest I have had to adjust to the mud in florida, i don't need the amount of flex i used to have.

Back