• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-8 Grill (Round headlight grill)

Cruzin Illusion

NAXJA Forum User
I have been search quit abit for a round head light option and thought it would be cool and challenging to go the old school direction. I found to CJ grills and decided to make a CJ grill for the XJ. I still need to put turn signals in it but I am pretty pleased so far with the way it has turned out. It is definately a different look.

100_1970.jpg

100_1971.jpg

100_1973.jpg

Cruzin Illusion said:
I have been search quit abit for a round head light option and thought it would be cool and challenging to go the old school direction. I found to CJ grills and decided to make a CJ grill for the XJ. I still need to put turn signals in it but I am pretty pleased so far with the way it has turned out. It is definately a different look.]
It reminds me a lot more of a Wagoneer than a CJ, but I kinda like it. It's definitely different.

Saw some pics of your XJ in a post last week :thumbup:. When your done please do some pictures and a write up. Good Luck.

Just looked at the pictures. Looks awesome. Maybe its me, but your jeep looks like it has a face and is lookin back at ya. Brings a new meaning to our junk sometimes being called "The Other Woman" :rolleyes:

I love it. Be sure to post pics once its finished. And maybe a few more of the process if you have them. Others may want to follow...

Edit: Rehosted on tinypic so other can see them here:
27xknsw.jpg

27xkoph.jpg

27xkp52.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work, I like it. All you need to do is punch some holes for round amber turn signals, and get it chromed. Very cool.

Also, put clear side marker lights in and it would look cool. Might also consider a LED front turn and flasher light, maybe red or clear? It would look GREAT if you could find headlights that were black when off.........Yah extra COOL....

Wow..... that hit me right outta left field. Sorry bro, but I ain't diggin' that at all. Looks like something jumped out in front of your XJ and skeerd the beejeezus out of it.

Your rig is one of the cleanest, better engineered rigs around.... but that was a step in wrong direction - just my opinion though.

"That's sauteed in wrong sauce" - Tommy Lee.

Very unique, but stickin' with Jeep tradition of round . Kind of reminds me of the old International Scout.

Back