• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window child lock

mikereid350

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 00 xj and my child lock is stuck on i think.. i can open all windows from the drivers side but none of the other doorss will open on their swiches.. i seen a while ago a bypass someone done... i don't want to buy a new swich cause they are $140.00.. does anybody know tha by pass

I have the same problem with my old swich box and fond a workng one at the bone yard for $15, But I lost the "Auto Window Down" on the drives door. But at less all 4 windows open and close now

But If mikereid350 Dos a bypass , Will he be able to open and close the other windows use the swich box on the drive side door ?

Danny www.blueXJ.com

Dunno about your Jeep but my 94 was fairly simple. The child saftey lock simply denied power to the all four window switches. On the driver's control, there should be two wires coming from the switch (on mine they were a light tan power coming in and a yellow one going to the windows, footnote: they were listed as different colors in the haynes manuel). Just cut and splice the two wires together thereby allowing power to the other windows full time. It worked for me

The power window control in the driver's door is probably bad. Replace it, or do a search on how to bypass it.

I've been through 2 of the switches on my 99, they aren't very durable.

Does it work after you smack the driver's side arm rest? My 2000 did the same thing. Check all your connections before you spend money.

Do you have a "window lock" toggle switch on the same panel on the driver's door, right under the door lock switch? I do. I thought something was broken, turns out that switch was engaged... felt like an idiot

EDIT: if you want it to work and just got sticker shock, you can probably pick a new switch up at a local junkyard for like $15 or so. Just bring a multimeter with you to test it.

Last edited:
I did a bypass on my Wife's 99 and it has worked great since. The bypass link is the same one i used and is the best I have seen.

Lil Joe

Back