• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u joint question

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swapping in my ford 9" and am looking for a conversion u joint locally. I called Napa and the part number they gave me started with a "p" something or other. To anyone else that's done this swap do you have the part number?

do you even need a conversion u-jont? there are 2 yokes that Ford used on the old 9's stock - 1 yoke uses the normal 1310 u-joint that we all use on our D35's and stuff, the other uses a 1330 - has the same cap and trunion size, but the cross is bigger...

My 1976 F-150 rear axle had the 1310 u-joint yoke...

any driveline shop should know exactly what you need - better than a parts store, and you'll likely get a better product...

Spicer u-joints are your friend, car-quest u-joints arent...

XJ_ranger said:
Spicer u-joints are your friend, car-quest u-joints arent...
x2

it is a 1330 u joint, I'd like to get a dana spicer u joint if they sell a conversion, but when I do my front axle, a 74, I'll double check the u joint. I didn't know they ever used a 1310

yeah, all the fords I've had used 1310's. Im using a front drive shaft out of a 79 F100 and a rear shaft from a international scout. My transmision/transfercase came from a 77 F150 and the stock yokes are 1310's.

whitneyj said:
it is a 1330 u joint, I'd like to get a dana spicer u joint if they sell a conversion, but when I do my front axle, a 74, I'll double check the u joint. I didn't know they ever used a 1310

If you're having trouble finding it - I have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with Jess at High Angle Driveline -

http://highangledriveline.com/
Jess
(530) 877-2875

Call TW he's got them!

Tom Woods

I've been running a Napa 1310-1350 conversion joint in the back of mine for a year and a half now. No problems at all, and I just carry a spare one.

If you called your Napa store, and they gave you a part number, why are you asking for a part number?

the guy at napa didn't know if that was the correct part number, that's why I'm asking, I don't live close napa, so it'd suck driving all the way out there for the wrong part.

Back