• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift?trac bar

HogWash

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know how much of a lift you have to have when you have to start messing w/ the trac bar?And how bad will it ride.I have 3.5 lift in front in spacers and havent touched the trac bar yet.do I need a relocator bracket or adj trac bar,and i was given a pair of springs and was wondering.I have an 87 cherokee wagoneer hp dana 30 up front.

HogWash said:
Does any one know how much of a lift you have to have when you have to start messing w/ the trac bar?And how bad will it ride.I have 3.5 lift in front in spacers and havent touched the trac bar yet.do I need a relocator bracket or adj trac bar,and i was given a pair of springs and was wondering.I have an 87 cherokee wagoneer hp dana 30 up front.

pretty much any lift will require a track bar change.

the stock oem trak bar is for the stock height only. anything more or less will throw the front axle off center one way or another.

I have a stock trac bar now and yes i see its not centerd at all only by an inch or so which really isnt that bad.Tires arent wearing unevenly yet and ive had them about 6 months or so and then drove it here in IN about 1500 miles.So if I do this lift it shold be about the same just w/ better spring rate,right?

I have a Rusty's 3 inch lift and attempted to use a trac bar relocation bracket and it pulled my axle worse than it was without it....so I removed it and run a stock trac bar and have no problems.

Back