• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon 2008 pics

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Vince flexing

IMG_9161.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

Buck Island Lake

IMG_9179.jpg

Eugenio's JK

IMG_9145.jpg

Santa on Little Sluice. Going up, up...

IMG_9153.jpg

Perfect landing.

IMG_9154.jpg

NICE PICS... damn brings back some memories of when i was there. nice pics santa.

Skwerly said:
NICE! Is that last pic actually part of the trail, or just something to do? That's insane LOL!
looks like the little sluice to me

ha, that last black and white photo. about 2 feet to the left is where i pitched my tent when i was up there. i know, i know, its a part of the trail but we were off the bypass. there was about 10 other tents and jeeps with us at the time so it was hard trying to find a spot to camp at 2AM.

Yeah, Little Sluice is purely optional. Santa was the only one to try it. There was another group of Toyota/Jeep/Sami people watching Santa do it. They seemed a little skeptical at first. But were thoroughly impressed afterwards.

oh for sure, there was a guy name Matt with us as well. he had a built fully cages inner and outter yj runnin 37" MTR's. his rig was bright yellow with hundreds of rock rashes, and he said he was a jeepspeed racer. I doubt he is on here but damn he was runnin the sluice like 10MPH and it definately showed on his rig, he surely used the exo.

TheWarWagon said:
Wasn't Little Sluice where Avery ended up stuck on his side, and the little Sami had to pull him out?
Except that Avery was stuck with a shitty line since he went in there in the first place to help the sammi out (IIRC it involved providng something for the sami to drive on since it was up in the air on all fours...)

Caz and I just wanted to thank you dudes very much for an excellent adventure on The Rubicon and making us feel welcome. It was great meeting you all and we want to thank particularly Mike for his excellent spotting which kept damage to our JK to a few scratches to the skid plates only.

Caz also enjoyed feeding the beavers!

Eugenio

Here's a few more:

Street shot of my rig
DSCN3162.jpg

After seeing the sign, we were sure to lock all Derek's doors.
DSCN3165.jpg

Proof that Stebel ran the 'con!
DSCN3214.jpg

Another shot of Santa in little sluice.
DSCN3251.jpg

Could be Santa pointing out a Canadian eagle.
DSCN3286.jpg

Johnny gettin' deep.
DSCN3295.jpg

Derek taking on water.
DSCN3298.jpg

Santa jumping in.
DSCN3299.jpg

Derek spilling the water out of his cooler.
DSCN3308.jpg

It really was a blast! I had a ton of fun tagging along and it was great to meet Vince and Rachell as well as Eugenio and Caz. Other than a very brief spell of overheating and a mysterious stalling issue, there were no problems at all. Everyone was great and my only regret is not having a jeep that is capable of running with these guys (and gals)... yet. :)

i just got home guys what a drive it was a blast thanks for the great time to all and it was great meeting eugenio and caz as well as seeing old friends again, and everyone is going to get a pm from me for some pics cause my camera got left in tahoe

thanks again all

Back