• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Gauges Not Working

cumminsram96

NAXJA Forum User
If you saw my other post I'm about to pick up a 98 XJ. The only problem I have with it right now is the dash gauges do not work. They aren't completely dead, the low fuel light is on and so is the airbag light. If you give the dash a little smack they will come back for a few seconds.
Sound like a bad ground, or something like that? The Jeep has an aftermarket stereo, but that works fine and so does the HVAC functions.
The owner is supposed to be fixing it, but in case he doesn't do you guys have any suggestions as to the cause?

Definitely sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Without knowing if the low fuel and airbag lights have a common ground with the rest of the wiring, you'll just have to get back there and wiggle some wires. What about the rest of the idiot lights? Sounds like my "window lock" on my 2000 power windows. My window is the only one that works unless I smack my armrest, then the rest work.

Back