• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c question

nickPRO

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering if theres any way to make my a/c better. by better i mean , faster cooling , lower temps etc!! anyone have any ideas?

1994 xj 4.0 H.O

nick

I would throw a can of refidgerant into it. It's probably low on charge after 13 years of use. I've done it on several of my vehicles and it helps quite a bit.

i already did that and i also changed the o-rings of the system to prevent any leaks!

can i put a bigger evaporator/compressor off a wj perhaps?

Put a better fan on the condensor, makes a good difference. The cooler you can get the freon in the condensor, the cooler you will get the air going through the evaperator in the cab.

Be sure to replace your filter dryer and also your ( shit cant remember the things name) the little aluminum block that the hoses run into directly next to the firewall. Something like the orifice expander or something. Helps alot. Be sure to draw a good vaccum if you're doing the whole thing fresh.

Stallacrew said:
Be sure to replace your filter dryer and also your ( shit cant remember the things name) the little aluminum block that the hoses run into directly next to the firewall. Something like the orifice expander or something. Helps alot. Be sure to draw a good vaccum if you're doing the whole thing fresh.

expansion valve

I agree with what was said previously, swap the receiver drier and put a better fan on the condenser. Make sure no leaves or debris is blocking air flow. Make sure the refrigerant is filled exactly to specs, it wont cool as good overfilled and underfilled. You can't swap the condenser or evaporater to a bigger unit without reengineering the whole system. Its basically made for your amount of refrigerant, length of lines, volume of condenser/evaporator, size of cabin etc.

Back