• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aluminum d44

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
could i take the disk brake set up off of the alm. d44 out of a 99 (wj?) and put it on my xj d44? is the rotor interchangable with the zj? (lug pattern difference)

the 99 GC is 5x5 lug patteren, The ZJ is 5x4.5, your Cherokee is 5x4.5. When other guys do the 99-04 GC Brake upgrade for the front, they redrill the rotors to 5x4.5. For you, it would probably be easier to get the rear discs off of a ZJ D44 or D35. Theres lots of writeups on here.

i was looking for a cheap solution. a guy had a 44 out of a 99 wj for 100 had some noises coming out of it. i know that if i get the disk set up odd a d35 i'd need a special spacer.

You will need the spacer regardless of what the donor axle is!

crown victoria is the eas(IER) swap for d44s..... people use the zj stuff for d35's i beleive

spacer issues can be avoided by using the rubicon retainer plates... searching is your friend

Mid 90's Crown Vic matches the XJ D44 axle flange. I know this because I have the parts for this swap haning on the wall, the axle is on the floor.

IIRC

The D35, 8.25 and TJ D44 match for axle flange pattern.. I had to do a lot of research because most of the disk swaps were for TJs and they were using ZJ parts.

Back