• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

all i can say is holy crap

housemaster0630

NAXJA Forum User
so

driving home today on the freeway

everything was going swell like always

when BOOM

i get a severe death wobble

normally when i get one it goes away if i hit my brakes

but this one kept going and i had no clue why

slowing down to a crawl the wobble is getting worse and my steering response is going with it

so i pull off the side of the road and look at my front end to find out that my track bar is hanging off of my jeep

the bolt holding it to the axle was completely missing

so i limped home at 10 mph because its 11:30 here and all of the stores are closed D:

has anything like this happened to any of you?

do tell all of your most extreme stories

and sorry there arent any fotos

my camera is currently broken D:

but here is a picture of my jeep jsut incase anyone cares

IMG_0966.jpg

Damn man, that looks a hell of alot like my truck!

Haven't run across that on mine or my sister's, don't think Dad has had that happen to the two he owned. Have you had any repair work done on in it recently or really pissed somebody off that knows their way around a 4-link, solid axle Jeep?

check the tracbar mount on the frame side, my buddies came loose and it was the last thing we checked

Or maybe a loose track bar bolt was causing the death wobble the whole time. Make sure the hole in the axle mount isn't egg shaped before you put in a new bolt. Also, make sure to use the correct size bolt.

Last edited:
I had similar right after i did my 4.5 lift. i just replaced the panhard bar/trac bar w/e u wanna call it and I only get wobble at round 50mph. but im pretty sure my wheels are jst outa balance.

Back