• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid row

joshjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i have the chance to buy a skid row engine and transfer case skid plate, i was wanting to know are there products anygood?how do the people that are running this skid plate like it? thanks in advance.

I have skidrow under armor front to back and I'll tell you, the stuff is beefy. I probably added 150+ pounds to my jeep between oil pan, t-case, and fuel tank skids. They proved their worth a couple weekends ago on the rubicon. Having both oilpan and t-case skids will keep you from getting hung up on your crossmember also.

So yeah, if you can get a good deal, I would go for it.

I've got their gas tank skid...it's heavy duty, and has taken quite a beating without complaint. I'd buy more from SkidRow:viking:

if you plan on using the belly of your jeep like a landing pad, the tcase skid will bend.

mine has. 3 times. its getting reinforced and extended to the other frame rail.

im not saying its a bad part, i just liked to go places i shouldnt have on 31s...

it bent up into my case 3 times on 3 separate occasions. i bent it back twice, and its currently off my jeep for reinforcement. never hurt the case though.

joshjeep said:
i have the chance to buy a skid row engine and transfer case skid plate, i was wanting to know are there products anygood?how do the people that are running this skid plate like it? thanks in advance.

I run both of those, t-case plus engine skid both are skid row. THey are amazing, they incorporate together very well so you have one massive skid.

I actually have a question about the skid row lower control arm skids. Anyone have trouble mounting them with the stock control arms?

The SR websites says they are compatible with the OEM arms but I have a hard time visuallizing how.

Back