• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what year did they

:lecture: 84 to 91 with part time were the only discos,92 up no xjs came with dicos. they were discontinued because of cost. all yjs had discos in them. as far as I know they were all vacuum acuated unless converted to a posi-loc style.

Last edited:
cool thanks,

I have another question, has anyone used the duralast ball joints from autozone ?

and the valucraft ball joints from autozone?

any luck with those cheeper ball joints????:eyes:

Personally I wouldn't take a chance on that brand.A ball joint change is a good deal of work and you don't want to have to do it over again because those cheaper joints took a crap.It's really only about $20-30 more for name brand.

I'd go with spicer...I think I paid $80 for all four.

The disco D30 phased out during '91, just for clarity. I have a '91 with a non-disco D30.

outlander said:
I'd go with spicer...I think I paid $80 for all four.

WoW :yap: What a deal , Back when I had my 99 Isuzu Rodeo. I was paying $150 each for dealer only any other will not last. And when I need to relpaces my ball joints I'm going dealer only , May cost more but I know thay will last. - I love jeeps

XJ AV8R said:
The disco D30 phased out during '91, just for clarity. I have a '91 with a non-disco D30.
87 to 91 with the 242 t/c all had non disco front end. they may have used them in 91s with 231s & AT. I think the the 5 speeds still had the disco through 91. my 87 aw4 242 is a non-disco,like all full/part time 242s. more trivia for the memory banks,:peace:

cherokee chuck said:
87 to 91 with the 242 t/c all had non disco front end. they may have used them in 91s with 231s & AT. I think the the 5 speeds still had the disco through 91. my 87 aw4 242 is a non-disco,like all full/part time 242s. more trivia for the memory banks,:peace:

Cool, I like trivia! Just for MORE useless trivia, my '91 4.0L NP231 AX-15 combo came with a NON-disco D30...

Back