• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleaning AC Evaporator

Is it possible to clean the air condition evaporator without tearing out the dash? I've got the usual drip on the floor, and the air flow doesn't seem to be what it should.

I'll check the drain.

If I can find a way that doesn't tear up the whole car to clean, I'll go for it.

Here at the dealer we use a product called DWD2, It works killer. We use it all the time on Cal Trans vehicles. They just let there trucks run all day with the A/C on and the Evap packs with dust until the air quits blowing much volume. You just drill a small hole in the case and it foams the whole core, turns to liquid and rus out the drain.

OK, I got to looking at the evaporator case location, and the product mentioned sounds promising. Any other ideas on how to clean the evaporator without resorting to disassembling the dash?

I looked at popping out the Blower motor, but I'm not convinced I'd have enough access to be effective.

Nevada City Sparky said:
I looked at popping out the Blower motor, but I'm not convinced I'd have enough access to be effective.

You wont from there. I just had mine apart to replace the evaporator. The product FordGuy mentioned sounds interesting for your problem though.

Back