• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake hose and Adj. Track Bar Q's

goldhammer

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone happen to have Napa, A/Z, or Schucks part #'s for extended brake hoses (3 inch lift)?

Also looking for opinions on the best bang for the buck on an adjustable track bar for that same 3 inch Rancho lift on my 88 that is going to be turned into a dedicated trail rig and emergency DD when everything else is down.

TIA

you can just move your hard-lines for a 3" lift.. no need to spend money were it isnt a must.. save it towards gas for wheelin

Ask for brake lines for a 1987 jeep wrangler.

As far as a trackbar goes, if you want to go cheap and good, RE 1600.

If you want to go very good and something you can grow on, RE 1660+RE 1665.

Hit any of our naxja sponsors for a good price on the RE stuff, I use loose-nuts-enterprises. Watch for their banner to scroll by.

Thanks guys. Thought about moving the hard lines, but 20 year old hoses are just begging to get replaced, and I tend to think along the lines of "I prefer to be able to stop and see the wildflowers before I'm planted under them".

for extended brake lines i went with YJ lines. i happened to get mine from NAPA for a 95 wrangler on the front. the line is much longer than the stock xj line and works great for me at 4.5". for the rear i went with brake lines from a 96 dodge dakota 4x4. initaially, i had ABS brakes so i went with lines for the abs equipped models for above. soon there after, i swapped out my D35 for an 8.25 and ditched my ABS. if you plan on swapping out your 35 for something stronger in the near future, save the $$ and get the lines for non abs equipped models and disable your abs before you put the new lines in.hthstewie

Back