• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Groove Theory

Nice find!

It makes perfect sense. It works on the same concept as modern 4 valve heads do (to create a swirl effect to indroduce turbulance. The turbulance creates a more "even" air/fuel mixture within the cylinder as well as brings a denser mixture closer to the spark plug. They simply do this by having either two different size intake valves, or two different cam profiles for the two intake valves under low load (Honda's Vtec).

The only thing I would be worried about is it causing sharp edges in which could cause pre ignition (not detonation). However, with some good machining and forming practices I don't think it would matter too much. I'm also a little leary on how much it really would improve fuel economy. If the factory head design has a good swirl design already incorporated into it, I don't think the gains would be that impressive. But hey... for all I know I the gas mileage could improve 100% :p I'd love to see this done on a test engine.

Do you happen to have a link to the pictures described in his patent? For some reason the patent page doesn't show them.

Thanks!
Bryson

The technical end of it is sketchy to begin with, but the way his website jumps topics non stop and doesn't stick to the tech totally turned me off.

Combine it with your pogue carb and let me know what happens. ;)

Back