• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ds balance cost?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I need to have a driveshaft checked for balance.How much can I expect to pay?I would call around but it's 1am here.Thanks.
Oh and,is there any way for the do-it-yourself guy to check the balance of a shaft without expensive equipment?

outlander said:
I need to have a driveshaft checked for balance.How much can I expect to pay?I would call around but it's 1am here.Thanks.
Oh and,is there any way for the do-it-yourself guy to check the balance of a shaft without expensive equipment?

I'd wait for morning and call around for prices.

There is a pretty good discussion on DS balance checking in the FSM. It involves hose clamps.

$80 for a shop here in Va.They chucked it in a big lathe ,spun it /welded on weights.

Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
$80 for a shop here in Va.They chucked it in a big lathe ,spun it /welded on weights.

Wayne

$230 up here, may as well buy a new shaft

$50 to shorten and balance here. (that was a few years ago)

I bent the crap out of my rear, I think they re tubed it and balanced it, and I got a yoke for around 110 in SE ohio

Back