• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Bag, brake light and weird noise when in park. Need help quick!

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
The fiance just called and said when she started the car just now, the air bag and brake light came on with a question mark. She said it was idling rough when in park but when she put it in drive, it was smooth. She got to school and tried to put it in park, according to her, it makes a load skreeching noise every time.

WHAT COULD THIS BE???

Thanks,

Mike.

anyone?

oh and the power windows would not work, as well....

Oh yeah, I spaced the important info....

01 4dr, 4.0 AT with the 231 and 118k on it.

uhhh.....

Nut sure what the problme would be......

Check for blown fuses for the Airbag light and brake light, but the noise is going to take some time.

If you record it and post it, that helps too....

Well she just called me and said that its running fine now....

No lights on, windows work, and no noise.

I'm stumped..

The connectors on the back of the Instrument panel are known for corrosion issues. Pull the instrument cluster, clean the terminals, grease them with dielectric grease and see if that helps the light issues.

It also culd be the ignition switch is funky...(also corrosion on the connectors)

Anyone else have any ideas of what this might have been??

So now the Cruise control is not working properly.

Sounds like the clock spring is going bad mine did the same thing with the air bag light going on and off and the cruise not working. Also check if the horn still works.

Back