• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So my lift kit came today.... (PLEASE HELP!)

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Umm...I ordered new rear springs for my 3" RC lift, right? Well they came...but one is missing a bushing, and one of the other bushing is coming out.

Can anyone help me out here? Is it possible to get a new bushing put in?

Maybe someone has just one spare or even two 3" rear leaf packs I can have? That way I can at least have a lift for NWFest until this all gets sorted out with RC...

Please someone tell me what to do!

img0475nx3.jpg

Yep, I'm giving them a call tomorrow...but I have a feeling it will be a wait another week type a deal.

So does anyone know any stores that stock 3" rear leafs, or that can put bushings in? I need something done here...

4wheel parts, National Auto, NAPA maybe?. Most will carry aftermarket poly bushings. Napa can press them in, but so could you with a vice.

mud1059 said:
4wheel parts, National Auto, NAPA maybe?. Most will carry aftermarket poly bushings. Napa can press them in, but so could you with a vice.

So it's not to hard?

I suppose I could go find a bushing somewhere and have it done? I wonder how much that will cost...considering my low funds right now.

mud1059 said:
Are you running any larger tires, or just putting the lift on to have it on? Could avoid putting it on all together.

x's 2
I understand your excitement, and am not trying to discourage you but...

I would be careful about doing an 11th hour rush lift install, pulling straight out of the garage and driving 150 miles and wheeling for the weekend. There are so many variables and challenges you have yet to encounter in your install. something will go wrong, something will need to be tweaked, or adjusted and probably several times. Loaded with camping gear halfway across the state is a sucky place to be when you realize you didnt get something quite right.
No ones going to fault you for driving a stock rig. In fact you will be suprised by how much your rig will do, and how much you'll learn. Leave it be for this weekend, sort out the leafs next week.
my .02
-Ryan

Listen to Ryan. I am sure he has been there as well as rest of us. Leave it alone till you get back home. It won't be enjoyable for you or anyone you are on the trail with if you are battling "lift issues" all weekend. Wheel it stock this weekend, I guarantee you will have more fun then if you lift it at the last minute.

Don't be that guy

Hans

XJourney said:
Don't be that guy

Some tend no to like 'that fella'.

Will the RC pack even accept a stock bushing? A new one will run you about $25 bucks. Good luck finding a poly one that will fit if a stock one wont.

Even if you have to leave on Friday(if that wasnt your plan), that would probably be better than just bolting everything on and going.

You'll run into rusted bolts, broken bolts, seized bolts, ect...

I dont know your mechanical abilites, but doing all that stuff in your driveway/garage can be a bitch, moreso if you do it by yourself. Ask me how I know.

CanMan said:
Some tend no to like 'that fella'.

Will the RC pack even accept a stock bushing? A new one will run you about $25 bucks. Good luck finding a poly one that will fit if a stock one wont.

Even if you have to leave on Friday(if that wasnt your plan), that would probably be better than just bolting everything on and going.

You'll run into rusted bolts, broken bolts, seized bolts, ect...

I dont know your mechanical abilites, but doing all that stuff in your driveway/garage can be a bitch, moreso if you do it by yourself. Ask me how I know.

x2 When I did my lift I started on a friday night of a 3 day weekend, finished just in time to get to work monday night. ran into a few issues that required help from people with power tools.

Yeah I can see how this is going to play out. The big reason I wanted it put on today was that I have the day off, and a buddy was going to come and help me out with it...and I'm expecting 31's later today...looks like I may end up waiting till next week though.

:-/
Bummer.

I'm not sure what bushing it takes, but RC said they'd send me one ASAP.

Blah this is frustrating, I really wanted this thing put on for NWFest. Even if I wasn't/aren't allowed to drive it with you guys...it would have just been a blast.

IXNAYXJ said:
Buck up, it still will be.

-----Matt-----

Sorry, just reffering to me being able to drive my Jeep on a lot harder of things...such as local trails I've had to use the side trails rather than the main ones.

Just bring it out stock, we won't laugh too hard.

J/K, we all started stock. It's actually a great way to learn to drive without relying on the crutch of aftermarket goodies. You'll be better for it in the long run.

CanMan said:
Throw on the 31's, cut the hell out of the fenders, and wheel.

:D

What he said

Back