• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

California trip

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Hi guys,

I finally need to come to California for a couple of days. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, Sept 15th. Figure I'll stay for the weekend.

Remi... how about a Valley M&G on Thursday night?

Rollins... can I stay with you over the weekend?

Ryan... see you on Saturday about the locker.

Robert... wanna do the fender trimming party on Sunday?

There's something weird that everybody I want to see, their name starts with an R. Hmmmm...

In lieu on an icon by the name of :SPOOKY, I'll just use this one. :wow:

Andy Steiner said:
Hi guys,

There's something weird that everybody I want to see, their name starts with an R. Hmmmm...

In lieu on an icon by the name of :SPOOKY, I'll just use this one. :wow:

How _ironic_, when I go to Las Vegas, everyone that I want to see has the initials A?S ! Hmmm... Is your middle initial "S"? :kissyou:

bburge

bburge said:
How _ironic_, when I go to Las Vegas, everyone that I want to see has the initials A?S ! Hmmm... Is your middle initial "S"? :kissyou:

Oh you douchebag! I haven't heard that one since junior high.

BTW... found a dive type BBQ place south of Mandalay Bay. We'll have to try it on your next trip.

bburge said:
Sounds good to me! I found a similar type joint in Burbank....

bburge

Where? Name? Cross streets? :D

Yeah, I eat there every feew years. Usually when I have fogotten how much there service sucks and their BBQ is mediocre. I sure don't see what everyone else sees in that place. (Expensive too, for what you get...)

I think part of it just shows how desperate Californiains are for BBQ. Having spent weeks eat BBQ across Atlanta GA, some people really need to get out more (out of the west coast, that is! ;-) )

bburge

Yes, I have been to Ribs USA. Good food. They used to have a nice waitress there. :D

Try tri-tip sandwich at Valley Ranch. It's on Sherman Way, just west of Van Nuys Airport, next to Denny's. Excellent homemade BBQ sauce.

BBQ in the Valley. That's funny.

You don't need to leave the Coast to get good Q, just go to Santa Maria sometime.

--ron

Eddie: Yeah, I've seen the place, but I always seem to be late for somewhere when I'm blowing past it! I'll have to make a point on going in sometime.

Ron: You mean in Culver City? :jester: There's a place in Culver City called "Satna Maria Bar-b-que" that is really good (salt,pepper,garlic,spice), but that's not what we're talking about! This is for that stickymessygetsalloveryourclothes kinda BBQ, like Memphis or deep South. (But I do like the stuff you're talking about as well!)

bburge

Captain Ron said:
BBQ in the Valley. That's funny.

You don't need to leave the Coast to get good Q, just go to Santa Maria sometime.

--ron

You go all the way to Santa Maria when the Camarillo Airport Cafe is practically in your backyard?!! They have good tri-tips there on the weekends, and nice sitting in the patio.

CAMARILLO! :D

No, I mean Santa Maria, CA. A great BBQ joint on practically every corner. There are 2 places that are notable in Goleta if Santa Maria is too far. Take your pick, Argentine style or sloppy south style.

Eddie, I know the place. The county jail work release program is out there. I gave a friend that was doing time there a ride home after his shift. We had lunch there. He prefers the jail food. :D

There used to be the best southern style Italian deli out there. We used to go there for lunch when I was in High School. They moved over on Arneill Rd. years ago.

In Ventura, Marshall's Bodacious BBQ is pretty good. Nicely done pork tri tip, and pulled pork. The thing I hate about most BBQ joints is the idea that ribs have to be overcooked 4 times over to be tender and good, especially baby backs. Bull. Marshall's, like alot of good places in Santa Maria, medium rares them and sears afterwards. Yum, no dried cardboard effect.

--ron

Back