• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-1/8" U-bolts on D35 ??

Secshunate

NAXJA Forum User
This is a hard one to search for. My rear diff is tagged D35 which is no surprise. So I order U-bolts for D35 with my RE lift kit.

Of course i'm having all the usual problems with broken shock bolts and stuck leaf bolts....BUT, when I take off the old U-bolts they are 3-1/8" which is obviously much wider than what RE sent. I guess I should have measured but I thought D35s were all 2.75"

What is going on here? is my diff not a D35 after all?

It's a 2001 XJ Sport 4wd 4.0 I6 AW4 NP231

Thanks

My old dana 35 had much bigger tubes than my dad's old dana 35. He had an 88 and I had a 92. When we both upgraded our rear axles we put the two together on a dolly to sell them and I could really tell a difference.

Secshunate said:
This is a hard one to search for. My rear diff is tagged D35 which is no surprise. So I order U-bolts for D35 with my RE lift kit.

Of course i'm having all the usual problems with broken shock bolts and stuck leaf bolts....BUT, when I take off the old U-bolts they are 3-1/8" which is obviously much wider than what RE sent. I guess I should have measured but I thought D35s were all 2.75"

What is going on here? is my diff not a D35 after all?

It's a 2001 XJ Sport 4wd 4.0 I6 AW4 NP231

Thanks

Does your Jeep have anti-lock brakes?

If it's an 01', I would think you would have the chrysler 8.25. In which case the U-bolt size would be quite larger. My kit came with the u-bolts for a D35 too, had to get some made locally on short notice to finish my install

Yes, it does have ABS

I guess it could be a C-8.25 That would explain the big tubes but what would explain that one of the cover bolts has a D35 tag then?...unles some person (Moron) put it on there during a fluid change.

Oh well, I happened to have a new pair of 3.25" RE bolts for a disco D30. So I am only out the cost of 2 custom made ones from the local shop.

Still confused though hasta

Back