• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what temp do you all run at?

YeaItsSlo

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep seems to be running a little hot over 210.. not much but a little over 210.. whats normal and i could i put a lower thermostat into this to keep it cooler?

I run a needle width below 210...but have found that running the AC on slow trail rides helps...helps keep things below 210.....it's normal.

i almost never hit 210. then again my tstat is stuck open. sucks trying to get warm in the winter!

Well in the summer when its over 95F outside i can never get mine to run under or at 210F. Usually mine is a needle above the middle and never gets past 220F. If yours isnt getting past 220F i wouldnt worry about it.

pete

langer1 said:
210 +/- 5

ditto...changing the coolant helped keep it pretty steady at 210 regardless of temp....but on those days where it was pushin 100 outside it would creep up to about 212 to 215 sitting in traffic with the a/c on.

before my new radiator my numbers were:
230 round town, 240-255 highway

new 3core radiator:
round town 180ish (160 t-stat... i know, i know its bad for the truck)
highway 180ish
long lights/bad Atl traffic 210

This is normal for me.

hot.jpg

for those of you running on the cooler side of 210... whats too cool?
my Celcius output gauge says normal is 100 (your 210... I can't convert but gauges are same just dif numbers)
but my needle is just 1/2 way too normal (if it were a fuel gauge 1/4 empty if that makes sense)... or just hovering over 40 on my 97 XJ Sport. I took out the A/C condersor in front of my rad, and new water pump last month, rad flush just before pump and new t-stat same time... it went from overheating on trail one day too only getting warm when in traffic on very hot day and even then its just warm not even normal.
So I wonder is this too cool, am I in the 'constant warm up' stage and getting worse milege than ever... or am I just lucky and this is ok.

a good temp range seems to be between 195 and 210, any cooler isnt so good, any hotter , is too hot for an extended period of time at least, you can expect the temps to vary a little depending on the driving conditions and temps outside.

Back