• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi all!!

scavengerj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone noob here. Proud owner of my first Jeep product. 2000 Sport/4.0/auto/31x12.5s/3" AAL.

Very nice site with a lot of info. Glad to be a member. I have a question and hope to get some info. Given that I am running 31s I am encountering some rubbing. I see on the forum what appears to be a very good write-up on fender trimming and from what I can read, it sounds to be exactly what I want to do. The problem is that the thread appears to be locked and there are no pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated in finding out more about this thread and what I have to do.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101158

hey welcome to the group, Are you running stock rims? I have a 3.5" lift and 31s. On stock rims I rubbed but I just put crager soft 8s on (15x8 4"bs) and I do not rub anymore. I trimmed just a tiny bit off of the very bottom of the flare lip in the wheel well. I have not flexed it out fully yet so at full flex I might touch but I don't think I will. cheers

31x12.5s? most 31s are 10.5" wide. where are you rubbing?

The thread is locked b/c its in the FAQ section, but yeah, it looks like the OP moved/deleted his pics from the image hosting website.

EDIT: Oh ya, and welcome :D

Where in PA are you located? I'm originally from Carlisle...

Hi and thanks for the welcome. D'oh, your right JN, they are 31x10.5. My bad. I'm located just outside of York. I fish over in Carlisle @ Opposum Lake a good bit.
No, not stock tucke. Black AR rims/Yokohoma Geolanders.

When I finally got to flex it on my front steps the other day (yes, I drove up my front steps :) ) I had plenty of front clearance until I turned the wheel, then I was hitting on the end of the front bumper. I know I can trim the bumper caps by about an 1" and it will probably give me the clearance I need. I just thought from reading the thread and apparently how good it looked, that trimming would be the way for me to go. I also need to get a bit more clearance on the rear. No rubbing, but very little clearance. I didn't get a chance to measure what I had on the rear while flexed, but I am figuring that longer bump stops would solve that problem? Then again, from that thread write-up I probably wouldn't mind doing the rear also for some added room. From the responses it sounded as if he did a really good job.

Yes, this is my first Jeep product. I use to have a rice burner running 36s - 2.5" suspension/3.5" body. So I am not new to off-roading, just new to the wonderful world of XJ and just want to be sure this thing will be what I need it to be.

Thanks again cc!! Just followed the links and did a search. Being new here I wasn't sure which forums/threads to search in. Was a sweet looking job done there!

Back