• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ center Counsel

Nope, the reason is that the 97+ have the vent running under it to shoot heat and a/c into the back. What you *might* be able to get away with is a tuffy sub woofer back half for the TJ but you'll have figure out what to do with the rear vent part. Me, I'd block it off, I've lived for many many years without having to pump hvac into the back in cars alot bigger than the XJ. My parents had station wagons, lincoln's and other long cars that did not have this feature.

The big difference is the EB handle, pre 97's it's in the middle like the TJ, 97+'s are on the drivers side of the hump.

As far as I know except that you have your air bag 'control box' under the console also if you had the factory recall done. They moved it from under the drivers seat to under the console to prevent corrosion and water/moisture damage. I'm not sure exactly where it is under there.

It's exactly under the center of the broken cheep ass plastic bracket that holds the console down. Acually the screws might just be loose. That was all that was wrong with mine the second time around.

Back