• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size for a 4.5" lift

TimmyA

NAXJA Forum User
What size tire/wheel I should get for a RE 4.5" super-flex? Also where can I can kinda cheap stuff? I was told to find wheels at the local junk yard, I'm just looking for a set under $800-$1,000. Anyone have any advice?
Without too much modification...Thanks

With 4.5, you can run anything from a 31 to a 36, depending on how much you want to trim. For wheels check out summitracing.com. You should be able to find some 15x8 black steelies for about $40-$50 each.

a 265/75x16" is a nice size with a 4.5" lift as long as your'e buying wheels anyway, but 16" wheels are a little more $$. they are 32"tall & a little narrower than a 10.50 & many tire choices available.

yes re-treads suck. People here will tell you otherwise, follow your instincts on this.

32's fit that lift perfectly with little to no trimming. If you aren't ready to re-gear to 4.56 right now, don't go bigger than 30-31.

RE 4.5" and 32's on stock wheels.

dsc00414.jpg

dsc00435.jpg

i got my crager v 5s from quadratec for less than 150 shipped, so i think i would check them for wheels, and if you ever plan on re-gearing, i would trim and go ahead and run 33s, if not, go with 32s, they look good and will perform well, depending on which tire you go with

BlackSport96 said:
I run 30's with my 6" lift and heavily trimmed fenders...:D

seriously? why such small tires??

I would atleast run 33s for 4.5" lift. keep your eye on craigslist, lots of good deals go through there but you gotta be quick!!

okjeeper said:
Now I'd like to see a pic of that..I am considering a 4.5" lift with 30's...

4.5" and 30's.

mojave%20road%202006%20246.jpg

mojave%20road%202006%20251.jpg

Don't ask me why his camping gear is on the roof and his gas cans are in the cargo space. I spent three days trying to figure it out and i got nothin. ;)

(nice guy though!)

I ran 33 1250 mud terrains for a year and a half without regearing, the 4.0 has plenty of torque for it, just dont expect gas mileage to be impressive...

just keep your eye out, I got 5 wheels and 5 35 1550 Super swampers with 90% tread for $450 a week ago from someone who was selling his rig...used is definately the way to go, you can always find a deal!

Last edited:
Back