• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHERE TO FIND A CHEAP PITMAN ARM FOR 5.5" LIFT

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
i NEED A PITMAN ARM FOR MY 96 WITH A 5.5" LIFT AND SAW ONE OFF OF A GRAND CHEROKEE AT A JUNKYARD WOULD THAT WORK AND IF NOT THEN WHERE DO I FIND A CHEEP ONE?

eBay. I have bought a couple off of there for a lifted XJ/TJ and they were like $25

hmm. I chose to run a stock one with my 6.75" lift and it works most excellently. :)

When i turn my wheel the tie rod belljoint the goes to that stearing bar it hitting the bottom of my sway bar link, whats up with that i figure with a dropped pitman arm it will clear.

Ah.........now, we're getting somewhere.

If you put a dropped pitman arm on, your tierod and trackbar will now be at different angles. Your handling will suffer, in particular, you can expect to experience some bumpsteer as a result.

You're referring to the stamped and laminated sway bar link mount, correct? Consider relocating those a couple of inches higher, rather than a dropped arm. Yes, it's more work.

WELL i did the RE 5.5" kit and i installed a drop bracket for the trackbar and a new trackbar, so now what should i do. im running no swaybar link now but i have to put it back. I also had the one side (passenger side) raised up with a bracket but that was a headache and it pell off. and pics of those relocated.

Ah.... more info is good.

What might be best at this point is to link up a couple of pics of what you have.

Back