• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans Cooler questions

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
The time has come to add a trans and power steering cooler as well as a twin fan setupto my beast (89 xj) I found a pwr steering cooler and a set of fans out of a 96 taurus for free, What is recommended for a trans cooler, Do I mount it in front of the condensor and do I still run it through the rad or is that pointless? Thanks!!

Most add the tranny cooler in front. If it is a big one, they sometimes use it alone. However, having the in-rad cooler plumbed in line does help in the winter with warming it up. Might be a consideration depending on how far north you live.

Yea, mount it in front of the condenser right in front of the clutch fan, or where the clutch fan used to be if you're going electric. And run it in line with the radiator cooler, with the flow going from the trans to the cooler to the radiator, and back to the trans.

Back