• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

elect fan switch

You should be fine with this, although I did not have to add a relay. The connection to (orange wire) looks a bit funky but if it works, it works.

I used the existing relay and slid the spade terminal from the switch into the spot where the fan power is (again, the orange wire but on mine it's yellow).

I can turn my fan on at will but since I switched out radiators and changed my cooling system from closed to open I am without the temp. switch that goes through the radiator. However the way mine is wired, my elec. fan comes on automatically when my A/C and/or my defrost is running OR when I flip the switch.

I'll send you another link that makes the process MUCH easier. You'll still use the relay, but the existing one, not a new one. It's on my computer at home so when I get there I'll send it off.

All you need to do is run 2 wires from the new remote switch to the radiator mounted thermal switch. Then connect those 2 new wires to the thermal switch wires at the radiator mounted switch. I would make the connection just before the harness plug. Then when you flip the switch it will bypass power across the thermal switch to turn on the E fan.

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/auxfan.htm

This was the link I used. Made it very easy. I used this because I changed over to an open system and used the radiator without the thermal switch. After screwing with it all, this just seemed like the easiest way to go.

Like I said, the hardest part was deciding where to mount a switch in my cab.

Good luck.

Back