• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No marker/dash lights

DDCxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a set of fog lights on my '97 XJ today and had the dash all apart. I kinda screwed around a little with the headlight switch trying to get the knob out so I could get one of the panels off (without any luck). But now I have no marker lights and no dash lights.

I'm guessing it has something do with whatever I moved around on the headlight swich but I don't exactly know how it is supposed to be set up. So if anyone can give my a little explanation on how I should make sure everything is put together the right way that would be great.

In the meantime I will be doing more searching.

By the way, I didn't see any pinched wires.

well this is how you remove the switch.

1. disconnect the negative cable at the battery
2. on 1997 and later models, remove the knee blocker.
3. pull the headlight switch out the the on position.
4. reach up under the dash panel, push the retainer button, then pull the control shaft out of the switch.
5. unplug the electrical connector, unscrew the ferrule nut and remove the switch from the instrument panel.
6. to install the switch, plug in the electrical connector, place the switch in position and install the ferrule nut. insert the shaft into the switch until it is seated.

Thanks. I'm gonna go take it out now and see if I can get it to work.

I went out a few minutes ago and found that if I pull the knob out really slow, just be fore the 1/2 way point, the lights come on. If I go further they will go off.

Back