• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long overdue RC 4.5" review

Tampa_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I got this lift back around xmas time and finally got around to installing it so figured I owed them a review. Gonna break it down into order/install/thoughts sections so you can skip what you dont care about.

Product: 4.5" Series X Lift Kit. I couldn't find this package on the site anymore so I'll just mention whats in it:
*Basic 4.5 coils/full leafs/shocks/hardware
*SS brake lines
*Adj. trackbar
*Adj UCAs AND LCAs
*Quick Discos
Price: $800 shipped to my door

Ordering: Had a few hickups with their CC verification system. Personally I think its WAY to sensitive. I keep 2 addresses on file and apparently it would only accept the 1st listed one as valid, which caused me to be billed twice and activate my fraud protection. Took 2 days to sort out, but Ben was awesome and kept me updated the whole time. They threw in a set of their new drop brackets, which I thought was definitely over-the-top customer service! Otherwise lift arrived on time and was complete except for 1 missing u-bolt (Ben if you're reading this I still need to call you guys about getting me one so I can put her on the trails).

Install: All in all the lift went on very smoothly, I was actually surprised that I didn't have to break out the hammer and/or pry bar once! Only 2 very minor issues I could remember was that I don't like the way the front discos fit (ended up having to use more washers to properly space out the axle side mounts), but this goes for all brands I just think the straight pipe design on the XJ setup is incorrect all together. 2nd minor issue I had is the directions for the CA bushings was very vague. It would of been helpful if you had of mentioned the different depth bushings and/or made the bushings the same depth. I ended up figuring it out the hard way when I only had the thicker bushings left and wondered why they wouldnt go all the way in!

Thoughts: Other than the 2 minor issues, I thought the kit had very good craftsmanship and went together very very easily. This is my 8th XJ lift install and I can honestly say it was one of the easiest I've done.... Price was incredible when you look at all the parts you get with the actual lift. Most kits appear to be the same price until you realize all the extras this kit includes. So if you're looking for a COMPLETE XJ lift kit and a great price that won't require a sawzall or BFH...this is the kit to go with. Only regret I had is I forgot to order shock boots.

So hows the ride so far? Im still waiting for my 4.5x kit as the springs been on back order for some time. Got it thru PORC as they had usps shipping to Hawaii(that saved some $$). Im looking forward to the kit coming soon. I guess I should hear something some time this week? GRIMUS any word on the springs?
Thanks and Aloha

Back