• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shipping an XJ from Wa/Or to so cal

2stix

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so long story short. i basically lost my little custody battle for the XJ. so ive been looking for a cheap replacement and found one for $500 (clean) from a friend up in the washington/oregon border. anyone know what it would cost to have it transported down to san diego? with fuel prices the way they are im not sure how much of that is going on these days.

Hmmm......call an auto transporter company and get a quote.
It probably isn't as exspensive as you might think.
I had a cherokee shipped to Hawaii for $1100 a couple of years ago.
But with gas and diesel these days....
:dunno:

2stix said:
ok, so long story short. i basically lost my little custody battle for the XJ. so ive been looking for a cheap replacement and found one for $500 (clean) from a friend up in the washington/oregon border. anyone know what it would cost to have it transported down to san diego? with fuel prices the way they are im not sure how much of that is going on these days.
You pay for airfare, gas and a flatbed truck rental and I will fly up there and bring it back. My brother lives in WA and it would be nice to go see him.

thanks for the offer, but after paying air fare, fuel, rentals, ect, that cheap XJ wont be so cheap anymore. i think the transport companies is going to be my best bet. i know that sometimes you can find a "light load" that has room for one more vehicle and get a cheaper rate. i do have a car hauler and an F550, but with diesel they way it is i dont think it would be worth it to make the trip myself. unless i can find someone needing a car hauled up there.

If you want to wait, my uncle would probably drive it down for you. :) He comes down all the time from the Sheldon area, he's retired and if he needs to transport something down for his boat, you guys might want to hook up.

He's always complaining about having to drive his truck when he can hop on a military transport for free. I can find out. Would it be worthy of making the trip? I think he left his truck here last trip and flew back.

thanks ScottyDog. they had an online estimater that i tried and came up with about $450 from upper or, but if you cross the state line (wa/or) it jumped up to $1300. ill have to see how far the guy can bring the jeep down. thanks again.

Try www.uship.com

you can post up your shipment without any obligation, and see if anyone gives a good offer. I used it to get an axle shipped from Arizona and got a very good deal.

Markw: hey thanks, that might actually be a great idea. how often does he make the trip down? im not in that big a hurry.

ocean_jet: thanks for the link. thats pretty cool, i didnt realize there was a site like that that actually bids for the job. way cool. i will keep that in mind aswell.

thanks guys, these are great reply's.

I drove to and from but back in the day, in my jeep gas was way cheaper but would probably cost less just to drive it back, then to have it shipped

Back