• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

G.M.air ride compresser

cherokee chuck

NAXJA Forum User
I have an air ride compresser out of a late 70s early 80s Eldorado.piston style sigle cylinder type. is anyone familiar with these units?are they suitable for use as an onboard compresser? It'll fit right in the space where the abs pump was located. I have a couple of different tanks that would work so it would be slick ,IF it's suitable as as far as cfm & duty cycle go.Has anyone had any experience with these compressers?

it'll take a while, but it works. i think it works better as an emergency compressor than a compressor to fill up 4 35" tires from 10 psi...

they were not designed to run continuous. Many troubles with those back in the days. It will work but not for long and definitly not fast.

Gracias people, thanks for the input. I guess it'll go back on the shelf in the garage. I already have a couple of p.o.s. portable 12 volt compressers that aren't up to the job. not what I wanted to hear but what I expected.

Back