• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj rear axlin into mj?

The XJ axle perches are too wide for the MJ. You need to weld new perches on at 42" width for the MJ. The XJ is 44". I just tossed an 8 1/4 under my MJ, hence the promptness of the axle perches.

What XJ axle are you putting into your MJ? Don't bother with a D35 if you are changing anyway go with D44 or Chrysler 8.25 or Ford 8.8, in that order.

i don't have a mj yet. i have an xj for sale now with a locked 8.25 in it. but if i can't find a buyer or a trade i'm considering finding a mj body to swap all of my stuff into.

ren said:
The XJ axle perches are too wide for the MJ. You need to weld new perches on at 42" width for the MJ. The XJ is 44". I just tossed an 8 1/4 under my MJ, hence the promptness of the axle perches.
Don't forget the whole SUA (spring-under axle) of the MJ and SOA (spring-over axle) of the XJ....

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back