• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these the correct front Wranger brakelines?

Renegade

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says... I bought these from Napa (part 38862 and 38861) for my lifted heep, but do they have the large hardline where they attach to the caliper... When i test fit them it seemed like that hard line would come close to the tire... Just wondering if these are right. Thanks
000_0131.jpg

000_0132.jpg

those are the correct ones...they are for the YJ..not the TJ's (leaf springs vs. coils) If they angle toward the tire...you have them on the wrong side. They should be angle towards the shock which may cause contact with the shock in some instances. Some say they never touch once installed...others say they will. (I have yet to hear of someone who has actually installed them and removed them due to contact issues) There are many threads on here with some opinions on those vs. GMC pickup lines.

Peregrine said:
those are the correct ones...they are for the YJ..not the TJ's (leaf springs vs. coils) If they angle toward the tire...you have them on the wrong side. They should be angle towards the shock which may cause contact with the shock in some instances. Some say they never touch once installed...others say they will. (I have yet to hear of someone who has actually installed them and removed them due to contact issues) There are many threads on here with some opinions on those vs. GMC pickup lines.
mine never touched the shock but came very close. if you have a really thick shock it might but you can always tweak the hard line for a bit more clearance either way

Ok sweet thanks for the replies, i just thought it would have more rubber hose and less hard line.

Those are the same ones I am using and have for the last two years and 5000 miles. Work great.

If you haven't installed them yet return them and get GM truck hoses. They don't have the long hard line and I think they are also a little longer. The last set I bought I got new on ebay for $14 shipped. Otherwise I think they would be about $30 for the set from any autoparts store.

for the rear you can use the hose from a 96 Dakota.

Back