• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nose Panel removed, screws broken

Dest

NAXJA Forum User
I removed my nose panel today and broke a lot of the bolts unwillingly when doing so. Whats the easiest way to remove the broken bolts and anything I should note when I put the new panel back on? Thanks.

Heres a pic to explain what I mean, not that the panel is back on now being held in place by the 1 screw I didn't break and the ones up top.

1000482gy9.jpg

Last edited:
NWPhotog said:
If you have a stub sticking out you may be able to use vice grips. Be sure to soak em in WD-40 first.

Don't waste your time with WD-40. It's a water displacer, not a penetrant. Use PB Blaster instead - Blaster is a penetrant. (I just wish the PBBlaster came with that nifty built-in straw that the WD40 cans have now)

Any bolts you put in during the reinstall should get a liberal coat of anti-sieze.

IIRC that stud is part of the fender...not screwed through it.

x2 on grinding it off and using a self-tapper---or you could try to drill it out from the back and use a bolt and nut

Back