• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster Super 44

wayne2300

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone running this muffler on their XJ??? If so, is it really loud inside? I just had to replace my cat and now I am trying to decide what muffler to use. I would like a deep aggresive sound but I still want to be able to hear my radio on the highway.

Or if you have any other sugestions as what to put on it...I

I had a 2.5" cat and FM 40 on mine, if you don't mind the serious FM trademark drone it sounds good. I can't say you'll increase much "noticable" HP or torque on these puny motors, I changed the FM to Dynomax Super Turbo to tone it down some.

As far as the FM 44 .. the product description doesn't appear much different than the 40... it's still a two chamber muffler.

I rode in one a few weeks back that had the super 44 in it. It actually sounded really good. Ive been a little leary of the flowmasters because of how loud they are, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well this one sounded.

Back