• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Hub Conversion Kit?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a company that makes a custom kit with the warn 5 on 4.5 hubs on a post before but cant remember the company name. I searched for a while but could not find the post. The kit was for a D30 ofcourse. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

yea i do but its kinda expensive but go to GOOGLE AND TYPE IN CHEROKEE HUB CONVERSIONS that should help i saw some in some magazines for like $1400

the mile marker kit is over $300. less than the warn kit,I don't know if the're as strong but I'm probably going to go that route. I've never had any type but warns on my f.s. trucks though. anyone out there had experience with milemarker hubs? I'm not familiar with EMS offroad. I guess I should look into them also.the warns just seem awful pricey to me,

I was thinking of maybe doing this also, but definately not for $1400, $300 is reasonable but why such a big price difference? I would also like to know if anyone has any experience with the milemaker hubs.

mucovich said:
I was thinking of maybe doing this also, but definately not for $1400, $300 is reasonable but why such a big price difference? I would also like to know if anyone has any experience with the milemaker hubs.
300 less than warn, not 300 dollars.

Technically the front axle is a full floater as the hubs take the weight, not the shafts.

my experience with Mile Marker...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=953053

I still havent gotten a confirmation from them on if they will warranty the hubs. So I spent 900 on thier kit and spent 200 on replacement Warn hubs. Which was the actual price of the Warn kit itself. Lesson in all this? You get what you pay for. I have since flogged the hell out of the Warn hubs and had no issues what so ever.

the warn PREMIUM hubs are 30 spline, and usually require a lug pattern change to 5 on 5.5, EMS has developed a kit that allows the use of warn's premium hubs (30 spline) wile still keeping the stock lug pattern. the regular plastic warn hubs or the milemarkers that are offered in 5 on 4.5 are 19 spline and and not as strong as the 27 spline d30 unit bearing that come stock. the advantages are being able to unlock the hubs and have less ware on your axle/ drive line u joints but you are more likely to have a hub/stub break. The premium hubs are the way to go in my opinion, but ya they are $$ Will somebody please confirm that my statements are correct cause I am 89% sure about the different spline counts

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Warn 5x4.5 kit is 27 spline....

Correct...but the Warn D30 5x4.5 is 27...I double checked their website

Yep the Warn stub for the 5x4.5 hub kit is 27 spline and chromoly. Just counted mine :). I have been running this kit with 35's and an Aussie locker for about 4 years now with no problems what so ever.

jeepme said:
Yep the Warn stub for the 5x4.5 hub kit is 27 spline and chromoly. Just counted mine :). I have been running this kit with 35's and an Aussie locker for about 4 years now with no problems what so ever.

You're lucky. :) Those hubs like to go ka-boom with the bigger tires. You probably wheel like I do and are easy on the stuff instead of hammering down. :D

Ya I only hammer down as the last resort.

As far as 27 vs 30 spline goes ..

When is the last time you saw a dana 30 stub break at the splines?

Both have the same size yoke.

I like the EMS kit. Does any have that kit? Will the kit result in to much positive camber? I was thinking that sence the kit spaces the wheels out by 3/4 of an inch on each side that it could result in positive camber.

I have the EMS kit sitting in my garage right now.4340 19 spline axles . Appears to be modified factory parts.Will do more searching to get the low down. Kit looks good to me. Waiting for rear 5on 51/2 rear axles,new wheels and tires. A lift kit also.

Last edited:
Back