• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch repair?

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
Got a Warn xd9000 that has been having some problems lately. Last trip out to Evans it started having problems. First, it wouldnt spool out with the remote. It was spooling in for a while but was bogging down really bad (just pulling my jeep out of some snow...wasn't stuck real bad just hung up on diffs). Soon after it quit spooling in as well, and just wouldnt do anything. Trying to find somewhere in the Tacoma/Puyallup area that I can take it to, to try to figure out whats wrong...any ideas?

Last edited:
northwestxj said:
Got a Warn xd9000 that has been having some problems lately. Last trip out to Evans it started having problems. First, it wouldnt spool out with the remote. It was spooling in for a while but was bogging down really bad (just pulling my jeep out of some snow...wasn't stuck real bad just hung up on diffs). Soon after it quit spooling in as well, and just wouldnt do anything. Trying to find somewhere in the Tacoma/Puyallup area that I can take it to, to try to figure out whats wrong...any ideas?

Sounds like not enough amps from the battery, maybe. Any starter/alternator repair is also a winch repair. There is a VERY well recommended one on Valley Ave in Puyallup 1/2 a block from the King County Auctions new lot. They took a look at mine once and later had to fix something. Both times no charge.

WheelinJR said:
Warn is down here in Clackamas/Portland area, just send it on in to be fixed.
That reminds me.. i gotta call my uncle.. i'll PM ya later:compwork:

That sounds like a lot of work and $$ to drop it, ship it to Oregon then pay for repair and return shipping, then re-mounting.

mud1059 said:
That sounds like a lot of work and $$ to drop it, ship it to Oregon then pay for repair and return shipping, then re-mounting.

Local is a good deal if the shop guarantees the work for a year after. ;)

Back