• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

local place for electrical plugs

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
got my tube doors. (thanks JR). ready to install. been driving around all morning trying to find some sort of plug to reconnect all the wires for my power windows, door locks, speakers etc...been to outrageous audio, stereo king, thrifty, radio shack, autozone etc.... anyone know of a local place that sells electrical plugs to connect 10 -20 wires ?

i really dont wanna reconnect one wire at a time on 4 doors with power everything, everytime i swap doors.
:bawl:

You guys have a Fry's? Radio Shack? Build some RS-232s (those are the smaller ones or the larger 15 pins I forget the names of.

D-subs aren't built for that sort of current anyhow.

Check out Summit Racing - look up "Jamb-Tac" switches. They're surface contacts that "make" when the door is shut, and "break" when it opens. If you set it all up right, you don't even have to connect anything - just swap doors.

And, they're built for high-current applications, like power windows and such, so they'll work for you.

I unpluged mine behind the kick panel, i think there was 3 plugs.. Could have been 4.. I just feed them throw the boot hole and reseal the boot..

scottmcneal said:
I unpluged mine behind the kick panel, i think there was 3 plugs.. Could have been 4.. I just feed them throw the boot hole and reseal the boot..

That can become tedious every time you take them on and off, plus there are no plugs in the rear.

FYI rod, the passenger door will have fewer wires, and the rears only have like 5.

radio shack sucks! and i havnt found much for "Plugs" at frys either..

Could always go cuttin a few plugs at U-pull it and rig somethin up that way!

wear cargo pants:shhh:

I was thinking of doing the same thing, Making one big disconnect

I haven't checked it out yet, but NORVAC would have somthing. You need an Electronics Store, a real one, not radio shack or Fry's.

There is one in Beaverton by me on Nimbus Ave. I was going to use a large screw together connector That I used to come accross a lot when I did CCTV Work, It had Pins on each side and held a good40+ Connections.

The other place to check is Mouser Electronics.

5-90 said:
D-subs aren't built for that sort of current anyhow.

Check out Summit Racing - look up "Jamb-Tac" switches. They're surface contacts that "make" when the door is shut, and "break" when it opens. If you set it all up right, you don't even have to connect anything - just swap doors.

And, they're built for high-current applications, like power windows and such, so they'll work for you.

Jamb-Tacs are made by Painless Performance (www.painlesswiring.com,) by the by...

thanks for all the advice guys. i ended up just leaving the stock plugs on the front and driver rear doors. the passenger rear i picked up a 4 wire trailer hitch plug and just added one more single connector. worked out great. it is a lil bit of a pain doing all the stock plugs up front but it is sooooo worth it......
100_0845-1.jpg

100_0846-1.jpg

:party: thanks again JR !

Lookin good Rodman!

You need to get the mesh covers now, they look so much better with them, plus they block gravel when you get on the throttle and start flingin stuff, and block sun so you don't burn your legs on shorts days. I'll PM you good guy pricing tomorrow.

My jeep isn't bad on the highway with no doors. I took it on the highway today with the girlfriend to see how she would do with no doors, and it looks like we may be truckin' doorless on the way to TSF on the 12th.

All that was really noisy was the whine fron the tires and the engine noise.

85xj4dr said:
My jeep isn't bad on the highway with no doors. I took it on the highway today with the girlfriend to see how she would do with no doors, and it looks like we may be truckin' doorless on the way to TSF on the 12th.

All that was really noisy was the whine fron the tires and the engine noise.
Yo you got a picture of the doorless? Im thinkin about goin doorless too, my doors are fully manual, so besides speakers, theres no wires.

mojojojo said:
thanks for all the advice guys. i ended up just leaving the stock plugs on the front and driver rear doors. the passenger rear i picked up a 4 wire trailer hitch plug and just added one more single connector. worked out great. it is a lil bit of a pain doing all the stock plugs up front but it is sooooo worth it......
100_0845-1.jpg

100_0846-1.jpg

:party: thanks again JR !

That actually looks pretty good. I've never been a fan of the doorless look, but for some reason on your rig it looks okay.

The fab on the tube-doors looks top-notch.

Back