• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bound Rear Hatch

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
My hatch latch occasionally seems to stick. And I have to push in on the hatch near the latch to get it to open. The latch plate doesnt seem to have moved. Any ideas?

take the panel off the inside and fix it now. once you start having to push it to open it complete failure is not far off. some searching on here should turn up quite a few threads about it, as its a very common problem.

Didn't realize it was a common problem, thanks. I can imagine it would be a whole nother problem once it doesn't want to open.

97XJ2 said:
Didn't realize it was a common problem, thanks. I can imagine it would be a whole nother problem once it doesn't want to open.
here this post has the information you need.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243630900&postcount=10

if you dig around enough with the search feature you can come up with pics too, within the last month or so someone had this same problem, but thiers was stuck shut. after pushing the latch for months it gave out. i believe it was posted in non tech but i cant remember for sure.

good luck.
-G

Back