• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pwn'd

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
Friends and I decided to go out to blackstar the other night to dick around. Friend recently became interted in "ghost hunting", so we go out there in the grand. We have been there a few times before. Never seen police out there. We figure there going to run us out anyway so we turn around and leave. Half way out we get lit up by a sherif suv. Lights of god all over that thing. So blah blah blah drugs alcohol all that. He runs all of us. Were all clean. He says I pulled you over because you have after market lights (tonys hid's:anon: ) and a bike rack obstructing the view of the licens plate.:eyes: and my buddy had a big ass knife on him that was apperntly considered a switch blade, because you can flick it out... I'm just saying any knife you buy pretty much could be considered a switch blade... Long story short, no tickets, and told me to take out my lights. I have been driving with them for like 4-6 months now can't exactly remember. But have driven infornt of chp, sherif and anaheim garden grove and hb pd and never been pulled over. Suppose they are probably trying to keep people safe out there iono.

peace
ted

toyotawrench said:
Friends and I decided to go out to blackstar the other night to dick around. Friend recently became interted in "ghost hunting", so we go out there in the grand. We have been there a few times before. Never seen police out there. We figure there going to run us out anyway so we turn around and leave. Half way out we get lit up by a sherif suv. Lights of god all over that thing. So blah blah blah drugs alcohol all that. He runs all of us. Were all clean. He says I pulled you over because you have after market lights (tonys hid's:anon: ) and a bike rack obstructing the view of the licens plate.:eyes: and my buddy had a big ass knife on him that was apperntly considered a switch blade, because you can flick it out... I'm just saying any knife you buy pretty much could be considered a switch blade... Long story short, no tickets, and told me to take out my lights. I have been driving with them for like 4-6 months now can't exactly remember. But have driven infornt of chp, sherif and anaheim garden grove and hb pd and never been pulled over. Suppose they are probably trying to keep people safe out there iono.

peace
ted

Did you get cited for them ? If not leave them in. If you did put the old ones back get it signed off then replace them again.

play dumb. "yeah, i thought the lights were kind of bright but it was like that when i bought it. i'll put some regular bulbs in there as soon as i can. thanks officer"

you were getting harassed. a knife is NOT a switch blade unless a switch or button desengages a spring to release the blade to open on its own.

GrimmJeeper said:
play dumb. "yeah, i thought the lights were kind of bright but it was like that when i bought it. i'll put some regular bulbs in there as soon as i can. thanks officer"

you were getting harassed. a knife is NOT a switch blade unless a switch or button desengages a spring to release the blade to open on its own.

Ask Remi about getting harassed by PD after a few drinks of shlivovitz. Better half a good hour or two to kill though.

I got busted out in el centro for MIP (minor in possession), I had a bunch of beer and was only 19, but anyways I had a few knives in my jeep and when they found they they flipped them out and almost arrested me for em.

The only reason my bro, my buddy and I didnt go to jail is cause there was one chick cop who was cool and let us off.

They took my knives and wrote us tickets, but never turned the tickets in, lol

Ive always wanted to head out to Blackstar... Ive heard too much KKK shit happens up there and were all pretty brown so we've stayed away :D

Have you guys ever seen anything worth it up there?

mikedashg said:
Ask Remi about getting harassed by PD after a few drinks of shlivovitz. Better half a good hour or two to kill though.
lol.... I only got harassed when I was sober... but I did still get to do 45 minutes of field sobriety tests as I got pulled over in a middle of night by a cop with a trainee.

tharlanjr said:
They took my knives and wrote us tickets, but never turned the tickets in, lol

Yeah that's because they didn't turn in the knives either.:shhh: Cops aren't corrupt at all.;)

What the Hell does "pwn'd" mean anyway. :dunno:

Why is it that the first question an officer ALWAY asks a modified Jeep owner "Sir, do you have any guns or knives on you today?"
Just once Id like to be asked “do you know how fast you were going?” or “Do you know why I pulled you over?”, but nooo its always guns or knives, probably because most of us could list about 5 more possibilities, on top of all the ones the officer had in his mind, to the list of why we may have gotten pulled over.
:gee:

I always say YES to that one.. I carry a hand gun with me all the time when off roading...I have found some strange chit in the desert... Lots of drugs being made out here in the desert.

Let's see... Point #1, if you didn't get cited for the lights leave 'em - but make sure you have them aimed properly! I'm running something like 85/130's in mine and have never been bugged. Mine are aimed "kindly".

Point #2: Cops don't usually know shit about knife laws. If you have to surrender anything, ask for a receipt. If they are planning on keeping the stuff they take, they won't give you one, or they won't that the stuff (though you may get the ticket for the lights then... :D ) If you're gonna carry a big stupid knife, you better know the law, because (see opening paragraph...) BTW: I carry a pretty big knife, but I make sure it won't open on it's own (even "gravity knives" are illeagal) and it better not have any springs (even though some "spring assisted" opening knives are legal, be prepared to argue your case and maybe lose a knife until court, see opening line...) I have a large survival knife (small machete) in my emergency bag all the way in the back, but it takes 10 mns to unpack enough stuff to get to it... ;-)

Point #3: "pwn" (from "own") came about more because of content scanners than poor spelling.

bburge

Well I didn't get cited for the lights, and they are adjusted for "friendly" use. No other cites, and the guy either new the knife laws, or he was just rambling of what seemed to be acceptable law numbers... At anyrate never seen anything crazy in blackstar, some say there use to be alot of crazy KKK shit up there. Anywho. And where I picked up pwn'd is when i started playing counter strike :D. like bburge said pwn=own. Good times... OH yea i played stupid on the lights. Said i bought them from a friend in my jeep club, said he installed them, that i didnt really know what they were. olny that they cost like 120 bucks lol

peace
ted

toyotawrench said:
OH yea i played stupid on the lights. Said i bought them from a friend in my jeep club, said he installed them, that i didnt really know what they were. olny that they cost like 120 bucks lol

peace
ted

Sounds like alot of info for playing stupid.........:twak:

I agree with Grimm....it more like this.... :callme: SNITCH!!!! You know what happens to them right??:skull1:

Back