• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My RuffStuffSpecialties diff cover arrived today

rocknxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just received my RuffStuffSpecialties 8.25" diff cover today and I have to tell you all, this is one huge a$$ piece of steel! Nicely welded and heavy as a SOB. (13 lbs of 3/16" steel).

I'll be installing it tomorrow and will post a pic or two so anyone wondering about what diff cover to buy will have no questions.

This is sounding like an ad, but Dan is great to work with and makes an awesome product. Plus, he gave me a 10% NAXJA discount. Got to love that!

Last edited:
You better check it for warp,I still have one I'll give away to anyone that owns a machine shop and can mill it straight!

How much warp? I'm a machinist. Sorting that out should be do-able. Only thing is I'm half a continent north of you.

Patman

Almost an 1/8"!

1/8--Caramba!! Thats quite a bit. Still--I've dealt with worse in the cast stainless department. Got a picture of the beast? I find stuff like this intriguing. You might need a fixture to hold it. Hmmm.. Better and better. Potential fly in the ointment though---If the bolt holes in the cover are counterbored for socket head capscrews, and you mill away 1/8 on the opposite face to the c.b., the aforementioned c.b. tends to vanish, never to return....

Gravel Maker said:
That was from a long time ago, I will still replace it if you want to send it in? Actually, if I remember it right we did replace that cover and you were going to send it back?
Yes,Dan you did replace it,Thank you,and never had a problem since.And no you didnt want it back,its just been a big paperweight since!

Back