• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Max A/C Setting

Sabalon Glitz

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching and couldn't find anything about this. I just want to know if when the a/c setting is set to max does the blower output increase over norm setting when switch is on high. I know it does in some other vehicles but i can't remember if it does on the xj. Mine doesn't. I think it used to last year but not sure if i'm thinking of the wifes cougar. It's an 88 4.0 renix. Thanks

no it dosent it just reroutes the cabin air to not allow any outdoor air somehow it increases the airflow bu as far as blower speed it stays the same probably reduces the load going thru the fan and maybe that makes for the increase in airflow

All the MAX setting does is open the recirc door (floor, passenger side), since it blocks the incoming outside air, it will cool faster.

Also, since the recirc door is closer the fan than the outside air inlet, the fan can push more air.....

X2, X2, and that damper door is operated by a vacuum valve, so either the valve is bad, or the vacuum hose is leaking somewhere. I replaced my valve last year with JY pull.

Back